Monday, August 1, 2011

end of week 1 core training

Mileage 4.00
End of Week mileage: 15.99
End of week weigh in: 241
Last night I struggled due to the extreme heat. It was 103 at 8:30 in the evening. I ran at the airport, which has become my adversary. My longest run of the week was today as well. I was unable to calculate accurate mileage, but it was 4 miles, if not close to it.  For whatever reason, this trail/course always discourages me and is a heartbreaking place to run. I have yet to run the entire distance when I go out there. I think the heat has something to do with it, but its so long and drawn out and messes with your mind. I always seem to go out too fast and try to finish fast. Tonight I should've finished, but I will blame it on the extreme heat since that is why I feel i didn't finish. I ran for 31 minutes straight before having to take a quick breather and catch my breath. The humidity has been at about 35% and the air quality has been deemed not so great. The shirt I was wearing didn’t help. It is the kind that keeps you dry and from sweating, but I think last night I needed to sweat to cool off from the slight breeze that was blowing. My biggest downfall was that I was feeling overly hot. I probably could have finished the entire distance running, but it was supposed to be a comfortable pace and enjoyable run…HA! It was a far cry from that. 103 degree heat takes away any fun.
Nonetheless, I was able to complete the distance and get my miles in.  I was happy to get my mileage in for the week and continue to improve. It is a slow, gradual thing, but definitely is happening. I can feel it in my lungs and in my legs. I am also starting to trim up in my waistline. J Which is always a good thing. I stepped on the scales after running last night and it read 240.7..I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t cracked 240 in probably a year. My target weight would be 215-220. I will be happy to get back to that weight. I feel really healthy and good when I am there. That would mean a total loss of 30-35 pounds. I started at 252 and I am embarking on 240…wow..12 pounds, already? Really? That is motivation right there to keep going.
It will take a while to get acclimated to the extreme heat and I have to proceed with caution. This week it is supposed to be extremely hot. There is an extreme heat advisory for all week. The lowest temp this week is supposed to be 105. YIKES! I sure hope I will be able to compete in the race a week from Friday. It is going be just as hot during race time…so we will see.  My knee is feeling better all the time and I have to make sure it stays that way. I need to keep stretching it and massaging it to keep it loose and prevent tightness.
Here is to week 2 of core training. May it be a better week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment