Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 1 of 15K Training/Week 3 Warrior Training

Daily Mileage: 3.3
Weekly Mileage: 3.3
Total Time: 30:00

I know the title is confusing, but I have my sights set far and high. I am still very much training and preparing for the Warrior Dash on September 24th, but I have also decided to push myself further and train for a 15K...the Tulsa Run...it is 9.3 miles. I last did it in October 1999. I am going to do my best to do this and see how close I get to my time of 1:07:47.

Today (Monday) was week 3 of Warrior Dash training and Week 1 of training for the Tulsa Run. The training guide I have is from Hal Higdon's 15-K Training Guide and is a 10 week training course...perfect timing because the Tulsa Run is in 10 weeks exactly. How cool is that. :) I initially was using Hal Higdon's 8K training guide to try and bump my mileage and endurance up so I could run effective 5K's and feel it definitely did its purpose and now its time to push further literally.

Today's workout consisted of a 3 mile run and some strength training. I didn't really do a lot of strength training but still threw some exercises in there with the exercise ball, medicine ball and dumb bells.

I ran the 3 miles in a decent tempo and didn't want to kill myself on day 1.
I ran 3.3 miles in 30 minutes. It was a good workout and am excited to see some results soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment