Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Core Training week 2 -day 1 and 2

Monday mileage: 0 - lightning storm
WTD mileage: 0
CT mileage to date: 33

Tuesday mileage: 3.5
WTD mileage: 3.5
CT mileage to date: 38.5

I was exhausted yesterday due to running 5 miles on Sunday night so late...so I didn't run during work and was going to wait till evening. Michele took Micah out for school shopping and while she was out a massive thunderstorm formed with wind and lightning and prevented me from going out and running...and the fact we lost our water again last night...so I decided to back it off and rest for one more day since I will be running a race on Friday.

I came in to work today and was tired, but knew I needed to run. I hadn't decided what I wanted to do distance wise or workout wise, but decided I needed to give myself a good "test" to see how I would compare on Friday during the race. I hadn't ran a timed 5k -per se in about 3 weeks. The last time I ran it, I ended up running it around 27:30, but wasn't going all out either. Today I set the average mile to right at an 8 minute mile pace/4:57 km pace....I finished my 5k distance in less than 25 minutes, which I feel is a great stride in the right direction and an improvement for me. I feel very confident that I can pace myself in the race and run at least a 25 minute 5K. We shall see what happens. I am going to taper my mileage off this week due to the race, but will increase again next week.

Here's to the heart of the week and my finishing touches for Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment