Wednesday, August 3, 2011

week 2 day 3

Mileage: 4 miles (40 minutes)
WTD mileage: 7.20    
CT mileage to date:  23.19
Calories burned: 701

Well I didn't run yesterday. I woke up late and didn't feel the greatest to start off with and then left my workout clothes at home thus I decided I would wait till I got home. I then realized I hadn't watched the movie I rented from RedBox and it was due by 9pm and still had some work to do on my daughter's bedroom floor. About the time I was going to go and run, I decided against it. I decided I would take my rest day in the middle of the week since I still am in the Summer Challenge at work and want to be more fresh come time to test, rather than be limping into a day of rest.

I stretched out today and man was I sore. I felt like I hadn't run in a week. My muscles were screaming at me and it seemed that they didn't want to participate at all. Need to drink some more water to hydrate myself and help them out a bit. I got on the treadmill and ran a warm up mile. I was definitely already feeling quite warm by the time I was done. LOL..I then proceeded to do my core workout for the day. It consisted of
6 x 400 meters with a walk/jog of 400 meters in between. I was supposed to jog/run a mile or two before and after, but due to time restraints, I was only able to do the mile warmup and warmed down on my last walk/jog interval. I did the speed work at a 10 which equals to about a 5:50 mile pace...it was fast. :) I mainly walked the intervals in between at a pace of 4.5-5.5. My heart rate would peak at about 168-170 and then recover to about 129-133, which is good. The last lap I did at 10.2 on the treadmill as I wanted to definitely push myself. It was definitely a hard workout, one of the more difficult ones to endure so far. I know it is going to make me better. My quads are definitely feeling it right now and I am sleepy, but all in all, it was a good workout.

I have a total of 9 days till my race...about 7 days of running left. I don't want to be tired come race time, so I will start to taper off by mid week next week and do a light workout on Wednesday, unless I am still in competition for the Summer Challenge. If that is the case, I will have to run a hard 12 minutes and I am not liking that idea...decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment