Monday, August 1, 2011

Core Training - week 2

Mileage: 3.20
WTD mileage: 3.20    
CT mileage to date:  19.19
                                        
Went to a workout in the fitness center during lunch. I looked at my old schedule to see what class was being taught and it said "Hard Core". A complete abdominal workout that will kick your butt. You use the exercise balls, medicine balls, etc...when I arrived, I had forgotten the schedule was new effective today, so instead of abs, it was the "Guns" workout...all upper body. It mainly dealt with resistance with the bands and boy did my upper body get a workout..I am still tired from it. HA!

Prior to class I did about .30 miles/4 minutes on the elliptical to warm up and get the heart pumping.
After the class was over I went and put in a good 1.10 miles of variation work on the treadmill. It used different resistance and incline to simulate hills. It was a workout indeed. I did this for 10 minutes and had to get back from lunch. While my scripts were running towards the end of the day, I went back down to the gym and finished up my mileage for the day. I put in one hard/fast mile and adjusted the speed as I endured. I ended up at a 9.2 in speed at the end of this mile. It was taxing to say the least. My body was screaming and rightfully so after the workout I had endured some 4.5 hours before. Then I ran a slower paced mile as a cool down. I ended up going 1.15 miles along with a .10 walk/warm down. I definitely was exhausted today after this workout. Tomorrow is set for a 3.5 mile easy paced run..we shall see how that goes. :) I will face my adversary, the airport trails again and this dreaded heat.
:) Here is to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment