Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ultimate Warrior training week 2

Ultimate Warrior training week 2

Daily mileage: 2
weekly mileage: 2

Well here we go with week 2 in my training. Today I am extremely tired from a very active and physical weekend. But I will run the race and persevere. I will not quit. If and when I have a bad workout like yesterday, I will push through it and learn from it. Much like our walk with Christ. We have to push through even when times are tough. Sacrifice. Perseverance. Persistance. Endurance. Christ didn't quit and neither should we. HE is our strength and our source! He is the solid rock on which I stand...all other ground is sinking sand....

Today calls for a 4 mile run and strength training. With my work schedule, I have to be strategic on what I do. So I cut my run down so I could focus on the strength training and will add an extra run this evening. Nothing like doing a double workout. Brings back the memories of the college days.:)
So I ran 2 miles today on the treadmill...I started off at a decent pace and then really picked it up in the last 1/2 mile when I decided I was going to shorten my workout...I just wasn't feeling it at the time and felt it would benefit me more to do it this way.

2 miles done...Finished it in 16:05...burned 300 calories....was running at an 8:13 pace...and ended with a 6:47 pace.

Strength training consisted of:

BW Squat 3 x 20
DB Lunge 10e 2 x 20
Crunches 3 x 40
Leg Curls 3 x15 (100lb)
Lat pulldown 3 x 15 (75lb)
DB Row 3 x 15
DB tricep 3 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment