Monday, August 15, 2011

Warrior Dash training week 1 - day 1

Well today starts my new training regiment. I have switched gears a bit and am training for the Warrior Dash to be held on September 24th, 2011 in Tulsa, OK. It requires more than just your typical running as you have to climb walls, go through mud pits, over tires and fire pits galore...it's gonna take some endurance and muscle to overcome this bad boy. They have a training program for cardio and strength training to help assist in your quest to become the ultimate warrior. I liked what I saw and am definitely motivated when a training program is laid out before me. It definitely helps push me along.

Today's workout consisted of a 3 mile run, but I only did 2 since I am coming off a race last Friday and my stinking shoe lace came undone while running on the treadmill and I had to ensure I got all my strength training in during my lunch break. I can make up the miles later.

After my 2 mile run, I kicked my own butt with some brutal strength training.

It consisted of the following:
all of these were done with 15 lb dumb bells; except the lat pull down and leg curls.
BW Squat - 2x20
DB Lunge- 2x10e
Crunches - 2x40
Leg Curl - 2x15 - 100lbs
Lat pulldown - 2x15 - 75 lbs
DB row - 2x15
DB bench - 2x15
DB tricep - 2x15
DB bicep - 2x15

No comments:

Post a Comment