Thursday, August 11, 2011

core week #2 - day 3 and 4

Wednesday mileage: 2
WTD mileage: 5.5
CT mileage to date: 40.5

Thursday mileage: 0 - rest day for race
WTD mileage: 5.5
CT mileage to date: 40.5
Yesterday was my assessment test date at work for our Summer Challenge and so I didn't really do a big workout and with my race being on Friday, I decided I need to not push myself so hard. I had to complete 1.84 miles in 12 minutes and get at least 30 push ups and 85 sit curl ups...I finished with 1.85 miles in 12 minutes and with my cool down went to a jog/walk for the last .15 miles and still managed to log a 14:30 - 2mile time...pretty sweet if you ask me. I also was successful in completing my situps and pushups. I did 30 pushups and 103 sit curlups...felt good to complete the challenge successfully and now I must wait and see who the winner will be. We had 7 remaining as of Monday and the winner will be decided by a drawing since we have so many competing and still in it. I would love to win the $150 gift card to BestBuy.

Today is a rest day for me as I am resting for my run tomorrow in Tulsa, but I am still going to go out and do a light 1 mile jog to keep myself loosened up and prevent extra stiffness. I hate taking a day and a half off...but I will pick back up on Saturday to prevent soreness.

My buddy Mike Finch, who ran Cross Country at ACCC with me and was one of my roommates, invited me to come participate with him in the Warrior Dash held in Tulsa on September 24th....after looking at all the information and pictures, I am totally going to do this...it is the kind of challenge I look forward to..something I have always wanted to do in a race...go through obstacles that include: mud, fire, barbed wire, cargo nets, tires, walls...can't get much better.

Beginning this weekend, I will begin my new training program. It will be a mixture of Cardio training and strength training...so stay tuned as I prepare to be the Ultimate Warrior! Tomorrow's race will be a good test of where I stand in the cardio/running aspect of things, now its time to put some strength and muscle into the equation...

My goal for the 5K is to be under 25:00....or as close to it as possible.
If I run what I ran on the treadmill Tuesday at 4:57 per kilometer, it would equal out to be a 7:35 pace per mile...I think I can probably do this. :)

Time to Warrior up! Funny thing I just thought of...my high school mascot was a Warrior...Ah jeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment