Monday, August 29, 2011

Warrior Training Week 2: Day 4 - Thursday Two-Mile

Daily Mileage: 2
Week to Date mileage- 8.87

Thursday night I went out for a 2 mile run. I ran it pretty hard and pushed myself. I wanted to see how my condition has been. I can't complain too much, but I know I have room to improve. My body has been tired and this training has been kicking my butt. My weekly mileage is down below normal, but I figured I needed a week of lower mileage to allow my body to regain some strength and prepare for the final leg of training.

The evening was cool and was a nice change compared to the many evenings of blazing heat. I didn't have it in me when I started the run, but soon snapped out of it and continued along and pushed myself. I hate running a short distance and then having to finish up a hill...sigh...but I know it will make me better in the end.

I finished my run in just under 15:30...not too bad, but there is room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment