Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 4 Assessment complete

Today's mileage:           1.72
Week to date mileage: 11.99

Today, according to my training guide is supposed to be a day of rest, but because I am in the Summer Assessment contest at work, it was the day I had to do my assessment. I did it at 8am this morning and on no breakfast at that. My assessment consisted of as many pushups as I could muster up, total number of curl up situps and my distance in the 12 minute walk/run.

  • I needed 27 push ups and stopped at 30.
  • I need 80 curl situps and got 83.
  • I needed to run 1.71 miles in 12 minutes and finished with 1.71 exactly. That was a 7:01 pace.
    • A little secret with this...I had to hold onto the treadmill bar today to ensure I could force myself to run at such a wicked pace. I have been training well, but haven't done enough speed work over a specified time to compliment my runs...I was out of breathe and couldn't catch my breathe. Sad, but true!
I live for another week and there are only 2 weeks left in the competition. I know I can do this...up next? I gotta get 1.77 miles in 12 minutes. YIKES! That is a 6:47 pace! I haven't run that since college.
Lord help me. :)

I gotta keep it real though, even if I don't make it past next week's assessment, I still have a race to prepare for in 2 weeks from today. Looking forward to the excitement that surrounds a race...not ready to run the distance yet.

Up next for the weekend....1 hour of cross-training...aka: biking/walking/light jogging on Saturday
Sunday: run 4 miles at relaxed pace...in this heat...I don't think there is any relaxed pace

No comments:

Post a Comment