Thursday, July 28, 2011

chalk up another 3 and we aren't talking basketball either

Mileage for day: 3.0
mileage for week: 10.27

Well today was the 2nd in a row for me to eclipse the 3 mile mark. This distance used to be so easy for me to complete, but years of poor health and no exercise will bring you back to reality and put a few more hurdles out there to clear before being in that kind of condition. I literally did not have enough mileage in or base built up to even consider making 3 miles. I would normally quit due to lack of motivation or fatigue.

Yesterday I ran a tempo run for a total of 30 minutes and today was supposed to be more comfortable and a total of 3 miles. I started off pretty comfortable and then towards the last 3/4 mile - mile I started to push myself a little more. I increased the speed on the treadmill and got some blood pumping so I have a feel for the speed I will have to maintain tomorrow for my 12 minute run portion of my Assessment.

The run today felt decent. I felt pretty good through the first 2 miles. I am finally building some endurance and my recovery time is getting quicker. I dropped from 176 to 126 in 2 minutes. I am still a bit above where my target heart rate should be when I am sprinting, etc. but it is getting better. With my recovery time at 40 seconds in 2 minutes, it puts me in the category of my RealAge is about the same as my calendar age. The faster it recovers, the healthier the heart.

I definitely need to get more rest at night as I was feeling pretty drained and sluggish today.

Tomorrow will be a push for me, but I feel confident I can do it. I must do 27 pushups, 85 situps and run 1.71 miles in 12 minutes. Time to step up and shine! I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! Phillipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment