Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend

Week to date mileage: 8.96

Labor Day Weekend I didn't do a lot.
Friday was a cardio day and I did 40 minutes of cardio/cross training. 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike.

Saturday was a rest day and although I was resting, I still managed to pull up my carpet in the living room and sand down some spots on the floor. It made my back hurt, so I still did some exercise. HA! And then watched football. AHHHHH.

Sunday was church and the weather changed finally. From 100's+ for more than 50 days this summer to the upper 70s and lows in the 50's/60's...absolutely beautiful...I went for a 5.7 mile run on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed it as much as you can. :) I was proud of myself for not stopping and walking at all..I pushed, persevered and finished. I also took the kids to the park and let them enjoy the beautiful weather. They absolutely loved playing outside all day.

Monday was again beautiful and we were all at home because of Labor Day. The kids played outside all day and we had the windows open and let the cool, refreshing air blow through the house. The kids loved it so much, that they ate breakfast, lunch and dinner outside! They even got blankets and laid on the ground for a while to relax. How refreshing is that? I ended up running 3.26 miles. My legs were so tired, but I pushed through and finished. It's all about building the leg muscles and endurance up. :)

Here's to another great week! Before you know it, Halloween will be here.

Scarecrow Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment